Annual Milad un Nabi procession to mark Prophet of Islam's birthday
Date published: 08 November 2019
Rochdale Muslims celebrate the birth of Prophet Muhammad in 2018
This coming Saturday – 9 November 2019 – Rochdale Muslims will mark the Holy Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, Milad un Nabi.
The annual Holy Procession will this year start at 11 am at Crawford Street Mosque, winding through Deeplish to Cheetham Road, finishing outside the Town Hall on the paved area around the Gracie Fields statue.
The organisers have invited faith and civic leaders from across the borough to mark the occasion, which has been celebrated locally for over 30 years. Part of the celebrations will include the giving of gifts and a rose for Muhammad to help ensure the wider community feels like part of the celebrations.
Imam Irfan Chishti MBE, Chair of the Rochdale Milad Committee, said: “This year, as we are so close to Remembrance Sunday, we will also be praying for all those brave soldiers that gave their life for our country.
“Many thousands of Muslims also fought in the front line: as Rochdale Muslims, we will honour their memories through prayers as we conclude the celebration event.”
Details of road closures can be found at:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four-year-old boy donates long hair to Little Princess Trust after very first haircut
- 2Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 3Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 4Successful first step to restore Rochdale-Heywood-Bury railway line
- 5Government to publish paper into understanding grooming gangs