St Andrew's autumn fair raises over £1,000 for church funds
Date published: 13 November 2019
Chocolate cake at St Andrew's autumn fair
An autumn fair at St Andrew’s Church in Dearnley has raised over £1,000 for church funds.
Taking place on Saturday 9 November, the fair was opened by the vicar, Reverend Rachel Battershell, and the choir of St Andrew's Primary School, who sang some of their favourite songs.
The event raised more than £1,000 for church funds and, as always, proved to be one of the most popular annual events on the church's social calendar.
Next up will be a celebration of the church's patronal festival at the end of the month.
On St Andrew's Day, Saturday 30 November, there will be a musical night in church (£8 adults, children free) and on the following day (Advent Sunday, 1 December) Bishop Mark will be at the 9.30am sung Eucharist and there will be evensong at 6pm.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Sir Alex Ferguson drops in to praise NHS including Rochdale staff
- 2Rochdale manufacturer undergoes £2m investment
- 3Poorly children under 12 will now be offered same day GP appointments if urgent
- 4Conservatives win Heywood & Middleton for first time
- 5Rochdale woman to tackle poverty in Nepal by volunteering for three months