Hamer children learn vital first aid skills
Date published: 12 November 2019
Mayor Billy Sheerin visited children at Hamer Community Primary School during their Care Week
Hamer Community Primary School held their second Care Week from Monday 4 – Friday 8 November 2019.
The Mayor of Rochdale, Councillor Billy Sheerin, visited the school on Friday where children demonstrated the skills they had learnt.
Tom Nadin, Deputy Headteacher at Hamer Community Primary School said: “We started these two years ago and were the first primary school in Rochdale to teach all the children vital first aid skills, including CPR, how to call the emergency services and how to use a defibrillator.
“As well as this, the children have been learning all about physical and mental health, including oral hygiene.
“Furthermore, they have been learning about caring for others. This has included bringing in donations for Rochdale Foodbank and considering how we can make changes to improve the natural world.
“Mayor Billy Sheerin was very impressed by the positive attitudes of the children and at the breadth of work that was taking place, he even had a bit of first aid treatment himself.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows
- 5Bev Yarwood is named as new president of Rotary Middleton