Missing manhole cover closes one lane of eastbound M62
Date published: 13 November 2019
Photo: Highways England
The manhole on the M62 requires repair
One lane of the M62 motorway eastbound between junctions 18 and 19 will be closed for several hours on Wednesday (13 November) because of a missing manhole cover.
The closure on the eastbound carriageway between Simister Island and Heywood is expected to be in place until mid-afternoon.
Traffic officers are on scene and the extensive repairs are taking place.
Highways England posted about the incident on social media shortly before 4.30am, saying: “Please drive safely approaching and driving through the location.
“The damage has been assessed and requires extensive repair. The lane closure will remain in place for some hours.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Sir Alex Ferguson drops in to praise NHS including Rochdale staff
- 2Rochdale manufacturer undergoes £2m investment
- 3Poorly children under 12 will now be offered same day GP appointments if urgent
- 4Conservatives win Heywood & Middleton for first time
- 5Rochdale woman to tackle poverty in Nepal by volunteering for three months