Collision on Halifax Road
Date published: 27 November 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The A58, Halifax Road at Smallbridge
A woman has been taken to hospital after a collision with a car in Smallbridge on Wednesday afternoon (27 November).
The woman, a pedestrian, was involved in a collision with a car on Halifax Road around 2.45pm.
She has been taken to Salford Royal with serious injuries.
The ambulance service attended the scene with an air ambulance, land ambulance and two rapid response vehicles.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "At around 2.45pm today, police were called to reports of a collision on Halifax Road in Rochdale.
"A pedestrian has serious injuries and has been taken to hospital."
The road was closed between the roundabout at Albert Royds Street and the mini roundabout at Wardle Road, heading towards Littleborough.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 3Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 4Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 5Rochdale school finalist in Virgin Media’s national TV Christmas competition