Collision on Halifax Road
Date published: 27 November 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The A58, Halifax Road at Smallbridge
A woman has been taken to hospital after a collision with a car in Smallbridge on Wednesday afternoon (27 November).
The woman, a pedestrian, was involved in a collision with a car on Halifax Road around 2.45pm.
She has been taken to Salford Royal with serious injuries.
The ambulance service attended the scene with an air ambulance, land ambulance and two rapid response vehicles.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "At around 2.45pm today, police were called to reports of a collision on Halifax Road in Rochdale.
"A pedestrian has serious injuries and has been taken to hospital."
The road was closed between the roundabout at Albert Royds Street and the mini roundabout at Wardle Road, heading towards Littleborough.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 2Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 3New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids