25-year-old man seriously injured in collision
Date published: 01 December 2019
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Boundary Street, Rochdale
A 25-year-old man suffered a serious head injury after being hit by a car on Boundary Street, Rochdale at 8pm on Friday 29 November 2019 and was taken to hospital where he remains in a life-threatening condition.
The car – which was originally believed to be a Mercedes C Class – is now believed to be a black Volkswagen Golf that was travelling towards Tweedale Street and failed to stop at the scene.
A 23-year-old man from Rochdale, was arrested yesterday (Saturday 30 November 2019) on suspicion of serious injury by dangerous driving and failure to stop following a collision.
Sergeant Brian Orr, of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “A man has been left fighting for his life as a result of this collision and our thoughts remain with him and his family as he receives treatment.
“I am particularly interested in speaking with anyone that saw a black Golf in the area last night or anyone with dash-cam footage. I would urge anyone with any information that could assist our enquiries to get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 or 101 quoting incident number 2790 of 29/11/2019, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Police are appealing for more information after an assault in Rochdale
- 2Littleborough childminder rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted for fourth consecutive time
- 3Petrol station locals claim is already plagued by late-night rows, abuse and vandalism to sell...
- 4Rochdale singer-songwriter named as one of the UK's "top fierce female artists" in contest to...
- 5Rochdale school finalist in Virgin Media’s national TV Christmas competition