Person dies on railway line at Smithy Bridge Railway Station
Date published: 03 December 2019
Smithy Bridge Train Station
A person has died on the railway line at Smithy Bridge Station (Tuesday 3 December).
Emergency services were called at around 6.30am to reports of a casualty on the tracks, but sadly, the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
No details are available as to the person’s gender, age or the nature of their death.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “At 6.31am today, officers were called to Smithy Bridge station after reports of a casualty on the tracks.
“Paramedics also attended however a person was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
“This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
Trains were delayed this morning as a result of the incident.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘It’s like a carrot being dangled’ – Couple forced to retire due to ill health on how it feels to...
- 2Tributes paid to Cameron McGowan
- 3Police arrest Middleton man in early morning raid and seize a car, £1k and £100k worth of designer...
- 4Freemasons launch ‘Tech for Good’ scheme
- 5Flooding expected after heavy rainfall from Storm Christoph