Person dies on railway line at Smithy Bridge Railway Station
Date published: 03 December 2019
Smithy Bridge Train Station
A person has died on the railway line at Smithy Bridge Station (Tuesday 3 December).
Emergency services were called at around 6.30am to reports of a casualty on the tracks, but sadly, the person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The death is not being treated as suspicious.
No details are available as to the person’s gender, age or the nature of their death.
A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “At 6.31am today, officers were called to Smithy Bridge station after reports of a casualty on the tracks.
“Paramedics also attended however a person was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
“This incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
Trains were delayed this morning as a result of the incident.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work
- 2Cheeky dads raise £7,000 for Francis House Children’s Hospice
- 3Police are continuing to investigate the rape of a teenage girl in Rochdale
- 4Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 5Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle