Christmas sing-along raises £350 for Springhill Hospice
Date published: 12 December 2019
A sponsored Christmas sing-along by 13 children under the age of five has raised around £350 for Springhill Hospice.
Organised by Sharon Katsoulieri, a registered childminder at Sunflower Childcare, the children all sang at the hospice on Tuesday morning (10 December).
The children sang well-known carols, such as ‘When Santa Got Stuck Up the Chimney’, ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’, ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’.
Sharon said: “I normally take my minded under fours on the Santa Dash or Dawdle for Springhill Hospice. This year, as they are all under two, we did a sponsored sing-along with three other local childminders and their children.
“Fun was had by everybody: the day residents and staff were full of smiles and enjoyed all the children being there.
The children all went to speak to, cuddle and sit on residents’ knees after they had sung.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after falling from shopping centre
- 2Rochdale raised drag queen to feature on upcoming RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- 3Pharmacies launch codeword scheme to offer ‘lifeline’ to domestic abuse victims
- 4Townhead Post Office to relocate
- 5Baby girl from Heywood whose death is being investigated named as Felicity-May Harvey