Very strong winds expected across Rochdale on Thursday
Date published: 07 January 2020
A yellow warning for high winds is in place across the majority of England and Wales
Very strong winds – potentially bringing some disruption – are expected across Rochdale throughout Thursday (9 January).
A yellow warning for high winds is in place across the majority of England and Wales, from Cambridge to Bath, to the Lake District and Middlesborough.
What to expect
- There is a small chance of injuries and danger to life from flying debris
- There is a slight chance of some damage to buildings, such as tiles blown from roofs
- There is a small chance of longer journey times or cancellations as road, rail, air and ferry services are affected
- There is a small chance that some roads and bridges could close
- There is a slight chance that power cuts may occur, with the potential to affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage
- There is a small chance that injuries and danger to life could occur from beach material being thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties
What should I do?
How weather impacts on rail travel:
Stay safe in a storm:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.