Jake the latest recruit - from rescue to response
Date published: 13 January 2020
Jake with PC Andy Cale
Rescue dog PD Jake has sprung into action after passing his assessment with flying colours and is now a fully-fledged police dog.
Part of team GMP Dogs, Jake, a 19-month old Belgian Malinois, came to Greater Manchester Police from a rescue centre in Cumbria after staff thought he’d make an excellent police dog.
It was a match made in heaven when Jake was introduced to PC Andy Cale, who had been looking for a new dog.
PC Andy Cale said: “I’ve had three dogs before Jake, with one funnily enough also being called Jake, but he’s the first rescue I’ve had and he’s been an excellent dog to train. He’s very quick and extremely sharp – he’ll be well suited to the streets of Greater Manchester.
“I’m really proud of him today – he’s passed his assessment with flying colours and I can’t wait to get him out in the field.”
PD Jake’s assessment including tracking, open ground and building searching, obedience and agility work followed by a full round of criminal work.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work
- 2Cheeky dads raise £7,000 for Francis House Children’s Hospice
- 3Police are continuing to investigate the rape of a teenage girl in Rochdale
- 4Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 5Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle