Man charged following assault in Castleton
Date published: 12 January 2020
Stephen David Hastie
A man has been charged after a woman was assaulted along the canal in Rochdale.
Stephen David Hastie, 32, of no fixed address, has been charged with attempted rape, robbery, section 20 assault and possession of a bladed article in a public place.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ court on the Monday 13 January 2020.
A woman in her 50s was assaulted by a man armed with a knife whilst walking her dog along Rochdale canal by Blue Pits Mill on Monday 6 January 2020.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘Disturbing’ number of council staff do not feel safe at work
- 2Cheeky dads raise £7,000 for Francis House Children’s Hospice
- 3Police are continuing to investigate the rape of a teenage girl in Rochdale
- 4Trams suspended between Oldham and Rochdale following fatal collision
- 5Police investigating the rape of 16-year old girl in Wardle