Man arrested in connection with pet thefts
Date published: 24 January 2020
A man has been arrested on suspicion of fifteen counts of theft/burglary relating to the theft of pets across the district.
The man was arrested on Thursday 23 January and remains in custody today (Friday 24 January).
Boroughwide thefts have taken place since October, with police advising rabbit and guinea-pig owners to secure hutches and garden gates.
One family who had a rabbit stolen told Rochdale Online: “Our pet rabbit was taken from our back yard earlier this month. We reported this to the police, but the thief has since returned, perhaps hoping we had replaced our rabbit. We would like people to be aware that there is a possibility of the thief returning if anyone has bought a new one.
“We would urge anyone else who has had their pet stolen to report it to the police, so we have a chance of finding this person and stopping this awful crime.
“Ever since our rabbit was taken, we have been worried sick and not sleeping.”
If anyone has CCTV which they feel would assist or any other information then please contact the local police by calling 0161 856 8549 or by emailing:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Major fly-tipping rates in Rochdale one of highest in country last year
- 2Golf duo take over course at Heaton Park
- 3Vets issue advice following widespread reports of dogs struck by vomiting bug
- 4Conrad remembered as local road named in his honour
- 5Rochdale’s independent shops offer special £5 deals for Totally Locally national Fiver Fest