Flood alerts remain in place in the Rochdale borough
Date published: 10 February 2020
Photo: Greg Couzens
The Roch looking high in Rochdale town centre on Sunday (9 February)
Flood alerts remain in place across Rochdale, Littleborough, Heywood and Whitworth (Monday 10 February).
After the River Irwell burst its banks during storm Ciara on Sunday (9 February), flood warnings were issued for the local area.
As of 10.40am on Monday, flood alerts remain in place for low lying land and roads around the Rivers Beal and Roch.
Incident response staff are closely monitoring weather forecasts and river levels and will issue further updates as necessary.
Please be aware of your surroundings, keep up to date with the current situation and avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses.
What to do before, after and during a flood:
Sign up to get warnings in England by phone, email or text message if your home or business is at risk of flooding. The service is free:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5Sign language champions ‘Sign Along With Us’ to appear in Britain's Got Talent semi-final tonight