Sinkhole appears in Rochdale after Storm Ciara
Date published: 11 February 2020
A massive sinkhole has opened up in Rochdale following Storm Ciara at the weekend.
The sinkhole appeared over a culvert on Woodlands View in Belfield on Sunday (9 February).
The area has since been fenced off.
Mark Widdup, director of neighbourhoods at Rochdale Borough Council, said: “We have ensured that the highway at Woodlands View is safe and instructed our contractor to fence round the area to prevent access to the sinkhole, which is being checked daily.
“The sinkhole itself is on private land so the repair is the responsibility of the land owner; who has been given advice by council staff.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Four-year-old boy donates long hair to Little Princess Trust after very first haircut
- 2Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 3Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 4Successful first step to restore Rochdale-Heywood-Bury railway line
- 5Government to publish paper into understanding grooming gangs