Heywood foodbank in crisis
Date published: 21 March 2020
Heywood foodbank is in desperate need of donations
Help is urgently needed at Heywood Foodbank during the current coronavirus pandemic.
Current stocks are at an all-time low while donations have all but dried up.
A spokesperson for the foodbank said: “Recent rationing by the supermarkets is also having a devastating effect on our limited ability to purchase essentials.
“With schools closing this Friday we are expecting more demand from (working) families as well as our existing clients. Unlike a Christmas appeal where we try and give something extra in our bags this appeal is for essential food and or money. he very existence of the Food Bank is in peril unless donations are made.”
Heywood foodbank are experiencing critical shortages with the following items:
- Long life milk
- Tinned carrots, peas, sweet corn, potatoes & mixed veg.
- Instant mash
- Dried pasta
You can donate and get in contact with the foodbank here:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale residents may not have to pay council tax until July
- 2Coronavirus: the local companies offering takeaway and delivery services
- 3Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
- 4Residents trapped abroad by coronavirus travel restrictions
- 5JD Sports 'putting thousands at risk' by remaining open amid coronavirus pandemic