Subway surprise staff at Rochdale Infirmary
Date published: 28 March 2020
Nikki Tarney with food donated from Subway
Staff at Rochdale Infirmary were left pleasantly surprised on Monday night (23 March) as the local Subway donated footlong sandwiches and boxes of salads for all the nurses, doctors and support staff.
Staff nurse on the Wolstenholme Unit, Nikki Tarney said: “As you can imagine working in the hospitals at the moment is stressful and rapidly changing. It really cheered us up and was greatly appreciated!”
Subway temporally closed their stores in the UK and Ireland on Monday in accordance to the government’s advice on the current Coronavirus pandemic.
A spokesperson for the franchise said: "We want to thank Nikki for her kind message and are delighted that the staff at Rochdale Infirmary appreciated the Subs and salads. This was a small gesture of the local store’s appreciation for everything they are currently doing to care for the local community.
“Following the decision taken by the Subway brand to authorise all of its franchise owners to temporarily close all stores, it was important that the fresh ingredients in the stores did not go to waste. Who better therefore to receive these than the hard-working NHS and emergency services staff who, every day, are helping those people most in need?”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen