A man has been charged after a woman was raped in Rochdale
Date published: 06 April 2020
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
The Esplanade, looking towards the subway. Image from May 2019.
A man has been charged with rape and a number of other offences after a woman was attacked near The Esplanade, Rochdale in September 2019.
Jake Thomas Casey, 22, of no fixed abode has been charged with the following:
- three counts of rape
- one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm
- one count of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent
- one count of assault by penetration.
He has been remanded in custody and will appear at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Thursday 30 April 2020.
Shortly before 3.15am on Tuesday 3 September 2019, police were called to The Esplanade, Rochdale to reports that a woman had been raped.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen