Temporary mortuary facility opens in Trafford
Date published: 14 April 2020
A temporary mortuary has opened in Trafford Park to provide extra capacity and support burial services at this difficult time.
The facility, to be staffed by specially-trained GMP staff and officers, will ensure that those who have sadly passed away continue to be treated with dignity and respect.
Assistant Chief Constable for Greater Manchester Police, Nick Bailey, said: “Unfortunately, in these unprecedented times, it has been necessary to prepare for an additional temporary place of rest for Greater Manchester.
“I would like to thank all our partner agencies for their assistance and support in helping us open this site at such short notice.
“We sought volunteers from both police staff and officers to operate the facility, and their response has been humbling.
“In less than 24 hours we received enough volunteers to put us in a position to open this vital facility.
“I would like to personally thank all those who have volunteered. You are a credit to the force. It will be of great comfort to the bereaved that your dedication in helping staff this site will allow us to continue treating those who have sadly passed away with the dignity and respect they deserve.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Castleton Health and Leisure Centre undergoes refurbishment as it prepares to reopen after lockdown