Halfords store in Rochdale re-opens
Date published: 30 April 2020
Halfords on Central Retail Park in Rochdale
The Rochdale Halfords store has now re-opened with social distancing measures and new drive-in services to protect customers and colleagues.
The vast majority of its stores and autocentres have been open since the essential retailer rules came into force as both cycle shops and garages have been classed as essential retailers.
Keith Jones, Chief Operating Officer from Halfords said: “I am really proud of our colleagues in Rochdale and how they are supporting us in our commitment to playing our part in keeping the UK moving for their essential journeys. However, we will only continue to play our role if we can ensure the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, and compliance with government policy. That’s why we have re-shaped how our store operates and we look forward to welcoming our customers return.”
The full list of new measures includes:
- Drive-in, pick or collect point
- Situated at the check in desk at store entrances
- No one allowed in store at any time – colleagues on hand to pick products for customers
- Online Click and Collect Orders collected at this point
- Drive-in fit and repair
- Car parked near the front of the store
- Requested service at the check-in desk
- Clear two metre social distancing measures
- Only accepting card payments
- Suspension of non-essential fitting services
- Limiting physical interaction such as the requirement to sign paperwork
- Ensuring all colleagues have the cleaning materials (e.g. hand sanitiser) to support hygiene guidelines
- Colleague changing rooms closed until further notice
Halfords stores have also changed the way bike orders are collected. In line with social distancing, new measures have been put in place for collection, which include:
- Pre-arranged date and time for collection
- A two-metre queuing system
- Only allowing one customer per time to enter the reception area
- Customer's built bike placed on stand outside of store
- Halfords colleagues talking through the bike safety measures from a safe two-metre distance
Further information on these new measures, as well as a short video on how these measures will be implemented, can be viewed here:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Optometrist helps to save sight of Rochdale man with emergency appointment
- 2Rochdale’s Got Talent: finalists revealed
- 3Women Against Groomers demand legal action against Home Secretary for failing to deport members of...
- 4Middleton man jailed for biting for police officer's arm to avoid being arrested
- 5Wetherspoon's social distancing measures for when pubs can reopen