Local families helped with free food packages by Dawat-e-Islami
Date published: 22 May 2020
Food parcels from Dawat-e-Islami
Since the Covid-19 pandemic started, families in Rochdale have been receiving free food packages from Islamic not-for-profit group Dawat-e-Islami.
To date, 49 families have been helped through donations made by local residents.
Imran Mohammed, from Dawat-e-Islami, said: “There is a tremendous need of not only emotional support, but also ensuring those who have been hit hard during these difficult times have access to basic necessities.
“All this is made possible by the kind donations of the public; without them, this would not have been possible. We're extremely grateful to all Rochdale communities pulling together during this time.”
If you are in need of a food pack, know someone who is need, or would like to donate, please contact Dawat-e-Islami:
- 07870 493788 or 07930 802298
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...
- 2John Bright: Legacy of Rochdale’s radical social reformer ‘could be ripe for revival’ as debate...
- 3Can you help police find a missing woman from Milnrow?
- 4Local volunteers deliver afternoon tea to 90 residents
- 5Volunteers at Hopwood Hall Estate learn the craft of renovating its historic leaded glass windows