Tip ‘number plate’ checking to end on Saturday
Date published: 05 June 2020
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Rochdale Household Waste Recycling Centre on Chichester Street
The odd and even number plate system at local tips will be stopped from Saturday (6 June), but you still need to take proof of address.
More of the recycling centre points have reopened, after being closed to abide by social distancing guidelines earlier this year.
Now you can take household rubble (such as stones and soil), scrap metal, general waste (including small bulky items), cardboard (emptied and flattened), garden waste (no food waste), wood and timber.
Currently, electrical items and plasterboard are not being accepted.
Queues are expected due to social distancing measures, so only visit the recycling centre if you need to.
Ensure your items are separated so you can easily put them in the right container upon arrival.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1New coronavirus walk-in testing centre is being set up in Middleton
- 2Nearly 90 ‘much-needed’ new homes to be built on Middleton estate
- 3Number of mourners allowed at funerals increases
- 4Prime Minister announces planning permission shake-up
- 5Alternative plans for HS2 and Northern Powerhouse Rail ‘could save billions’ with new underground...