Rochdale’s town hall register office is due to open on Monday
Date published: 21 June 2020
Rochdale Register Office will be open from Monday
Rochdale’s town hall register office is due to open on Monday (22 June) and will be prioritising death and birth registrations.
While weddings and civil partnership ceremonies are still not able to go ahead, Rochdale Council is aiming to begin booking notice of marriage and civil partnership appointments from 6 July – which, by law, has to be done via a face-to-face appointment.
If the notice needs to be given sooner - as the marriage or civil partnership is imminent - an appointment will be made to enable the required 28 clear days’ notice to be given.
A council spokesman said the authority was ‘taking every precaution to provide a safer environment for staff and customers’.
These include a one-way system within the register office, social distancing messages on signage, and offices arranged to ensure a two-metre distance between customer and registrar. A plastic screen will surround the registrar’s desk and the reception desk.
Wall mounted sanitisers have been installed throughout each area and hand sanitisers provided on each desk. A regular thorough cleaning regime is also in place.
Nick Statham, LDRS
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Heywood business closed after breaching Covid-19 regulations
- 2Man seriously injured after being run over by his own car when it was stolen in Middleton
- 3Restrictions on household gatherings to continue for local residents
- 4Leaders urge government to keep tighter restrictions in place for another week
- 5Rochdale student eager to study dentistry after top tier A-level results