Bowlee Car Boot Sale season cancelled
Date published: 23 June 2020
Bowlee Car Boot Sale
Rochdale Borough Council has confirmed that the Bowlee Car Boot Sale and Market has been cancelled this year.
The season was originally due to start in April, but was postponed back in March due to risks presented by Covid-19, but it has now been confirmed that the event won’t be held at all this summer.
Councillor Neil Emmott, cabinet member for environment, said: "We’re really sorry to say that due to the coronavirus pandemic we have taken the decision to cancel our remaining six dates in July and August. Unfortunately this means that there will be no sales this year.
"We understand this is incredibly disappointing for everyone, and we were really looking forward to returning, but we would never compromise your safety and there are too many risks in the current climate."
Last year was one of the event’s busiest years on record - with the events attracting over 40,000 buyers and 3,600 sellers over the season. Organisers added that enforcing social distancing on such a large open site would be ‘nearly impossible’.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘It’s like a carrot being dangled’ – Couple forced to retire due to ill health on how it feels to...
- 2Tributes paid to Cameron McGowan
- 3Police arrest Middleton man in early morning raid and seize a car, £1k and £100k worth of designer...
- 4Freemasons launch ‘Tech for Good’ scheme
- 5Man who raped a woman on her way to Asda is jailed for nine years