Police are appealing for information following a serious collision in Rochdale
Date published: 26 June 2020
A boy aged 17 has suffered life-threatening injuries after his motorcycle collided with a car at 7pm on Oldham Road last night (25 June).
The black Ford Kuga involved in the collision was travelling north along Oldham Road when it stopped in order to turn right into a service station.
While paused and waiting to turn, an overtaking green Gen-Moto XGJ motorcycle collided with the car.
No arrests were made and police are appealing for information following the collision.
Constable John Harrison-Gough of GMP’s Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the boy and his family as he remains in hospital.
“We’re keen to speak to anyone who witnessed this collision or the vehicles prior to the incident.
“Anyone with dash-cam footage or any further information that can assist our enquiry should also get in touch.”
Anyone with information should call police on 0161 856 4741 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1The wait for Reel Cinema is finally over
- 2£100k worth of cannabis found in Whitworth property
- 3Rochdale director of public health reassures residents amid local lockdown fears
- 4Soccer Village could be demolished to make way for new housing estate
- 537 people arrested in Greater Manchester as part of national operation Venetic