More Riverside shops open for business
Date published: 23 July 2020
The new Superdrug store at Riverside
The new Boots, JD Sports and Superdrug stores at the Riverside Shopping Complex have now opened.
Boots opened on 15 July, complete with prescriptions counter and opticians. New beauty consultation counters for the likes of Liz Earle have been installed, whilst the store now hosts supervised self-service checkouts in lieu of traditional ones.
A free water refill station is available at the back of the store, next to the medical counter, whilst photo booths are on their way.
Superdrug opened on 10 July, and now boasts a separate fragrance counter next to staffed tills, as well as a pop-up beauty bar for threading, nails, eyebrows and lashes. If you collect your prescriptions from Superdrug, you can continue to order them online and have them delivered in-store or to your front door. There is no dedicated pharmaceutical counter in the new store.
Visitors are being asked by the government to shop local and not travel further than necessary to ensure the safety of customers and workers, as well as ensuring that the transmission of coronavirus remains low.
A number of measures are in place to help people stay safe and follow guidance on social distancing and other public safety measures:
- Hand sanitising stations will be placed throughout the scheme and available for all customers to use.
- The car park will operate contactless “tap out” on exit payment system where possible to avoid use of parking machines.
- There will be floor vinyls and signage in place across the scheme to encourage social distancing of 2m as per government guidelines.
- All stores will operate a queuing system to maintain a safe capacity inside. Floor vinyls will be visible to highlight safe queuing distances.
- An increased level of cleaning will be implemented with staff on-site all day to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
The Riverside is a huge part of plans to revive Rochdale town centre and has been delivered by the council together with private sector partners Genr8 and Kajima.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 4New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough
- 5Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough