Rochdale man arrested in connection with fail to stop incident in Lincolnshire
Date published: 27 July 2020
A Rochdale man has been arrested in connection with a fail to stop incident in Lincolnshire on Saturday (25 July).
Police attempted to stop a silver Ford Transit in Gainsborough because of the way it was being driven. The male driver, who is also thought to have had two male passengers in the car with him, refused to stop for officers.
A responding officer deployed a Taser, which made contact with one of the occupants in the car, but because the police vehicle had been rendered immobile the suspects made off.
The Rochdale man, 24, was arrested on suspicion of attempted GBH and dangerous driving.
A spokesperson for Lincolnshire Police said: “A number of lines of enquiry are ongoing in relation to this incident and we would like to hear from anyone who may have any information that could be of benefit to the investigation.”
If you have any information, please contact Lincolnshire Police via one of the following ways:
- Via the non-emergency number 101, quoting incident number 156 of 25/07/2020.
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org- please remember to put the reference 156 of 25/07/2020 in the subject box.
- Through the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org
- In an emergency always call 999
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Facemask advice if you wear glasses or hearing aids
- 2Here’s where you can Eat Out to Help Out: the venues offering the government’s 50% discount deal
- 3Coronavirus: Greater Manchester declares major incident
- 4Funding secured for two major projects in the Rochdale borough
- 5New temporary testing units to open in Rochdale town centre and Littleborough