Up to £20,000 funding available for local good causes
Date published: 08 August 2020
Organisations can apply for grants between £500 and £20,000
Local charities and good causes are being encouraged to apply for funding for their organisation.
Applications are open until Wednesday 19 August. Organisations can apply for grants between £500 and £20,000.
The funding boost is available thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Interested organisations can apply to one of four trusts, which each support projects focussed on different themes:
- Postcode Neighbourhood Trust will help good causes affected by Covid-19. Groups looking to adapt or expand services, or to increase their resilience should apply.
- People’s Postcode Trust funds projects aimed at promoting human rights, combatting discrimination and helping to prevent poverty.
- Postcode Community Trust supports initiatives working to improve health and wellbeing in communities, including those that look to reduce isolation. The Trust also supports projects that increase participation in arts and physical recreation.
- Postcode Local Trust is for groups looking to increase community access to outdoor space and improve biodiversity. Groups looking to improve sustainability or combat climate change are also encouraged to apply.
Good causes should apply to the trust that best supports the aims of their project. Short funding guides and an eligibility quiz can be found on each trust website to help applicants.
Laura Chow, head of charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said: “Over the past few months we’ve seen the important role that grassroots good causes play in communities throughout Britain.
“I’m delighted that players of People’s Postcode Lottery are able to support these organisations with this funding opportunity. Nearly £7 million will be awarded in grants, so I urge smaller, local good causes and groups to visit the trust websites, see where their project would best fit and get applying.”
A minimum of 32% of each ticket goes directly to charities. Players of People’s Postcode Lottery have raised more than £500 million for 7,500 good causes across Britain and internationally since 2005.
For more information, to view the funding guides and apply, visit the trusts’ websites directly:
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man dies after being hit by a vehicle while lying in the road after being assaulted
- 2Packer Street taped off by police following serious incident
- 3Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of man in Rochdale
- 4Inspirational Rochdale teacher honoured in UK celebration of teaching
- 5New measures in response to the acceleration of coronavirus announced by Health Secretary