The Works to return to Rochdale town centre
Date published: 17 September 2020
The Works to open store at Rochdale Riverside
Family-friendly value retailer The Works is returning to Rochdale town centre, seven years after closing its previous store.
The announcement was made via social media on Friday (11 September).
Opening in the Riverside Complex, the store will be the second in the borough following the 2017 opening of one in Middleton Shopping Centre.
The Works previously occupied a store in the Wheatsheaf Shopping Centre in Rochdale, before closing in March 2013 as it 'was no longer commercially viable'.
A spokesperson for The Works confirmed the company is opening its new store 'in a couple of weeks'.
The Works is a value retailer of books, toys, gifts, stationery, arts and crafts, and hobbies, offering good quality alternatives to full price specialist sellers. Established in 1981 as ‘Remainders Limited’, it was re-branded as The Works in 2003.
Update: The opening date has been confimed as Thursday 1 October.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Greater Manchester to move into Tier 3 restrictions
- 2Council leader's concerns for vulnerable as Rochdale’s infection rate rises to highest in region
- 3Investigation launched after gunshots fired in Heywood
- 4Work to begin on site for 240 new homes in Rochdale town centre
- 5Home in time for (next) Christmas - one cat's adventures show how vital microchipping is