Tributes paid to Ammar Terbeche
Date published: 25 September 2020
Tributes have been paid to the man who died after being hit by a car on Packer Street following an assault.
Named locally as Ammar Terbeche, tributes – written mostly in Arabic – have poured in via social media for the Castlemere Community Centre volunteer, originally of Algeria.
Ammar was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after being hit by a passing car, after he was left lying in the road after an assault. Detectives have established so far that Ammar was assaulted following a conversation with three men, who left in the direction of the memorial gardens.
The driver stopped at the scene and continues to assist police with enquiries.
A man who was arrested on suspicion of murder has been released without charge and faces no further action.
The police investigation into Ammar’s death continues.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Man arrested following the death of a woman in Littleborough crash
- 2Rochdale barber crowned winner of Manchester Great British Barber Bash
- 3Dogs seized and one "humanely destroyed" after boy, 3, dies after dog attack
- 4Three Rochdale men charged with vehicle thefts in Greater Manchester and Cheshire
- 5Investigation launched in Milnrow as boy, 3, dies after 'dog attack'