Tributes paid to Ammar Terbeche
Date published: 25 September 2020
Tributes have been paid to the man who died after being hit by a car on Packer Street following an assault.
Named locally as Ammar Terbeche, tributes – written mostly in Arabic – have poured in via social media for the Castlemere Community Centre volunteer, originally of Algeria.
Ammar was sadly pronounced dead at the scene after being hit by a passing car, after he was left lying in the road after an assault. Detectives have established so far that Ammar was assaulted following a conversation with three men, who left in the direction of the memorial gardens.
The driver stopped at the scene and continues to assist police with enquiries.
A man who was arrested on suspicion or murder has been released without charge and faces no further action.
The police investigation into Ammar’s death continues.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Mission accomplished as World War Two veteran’s garden is transformed by volunteers
- 2Half term help for school lunches
- 3Roadworks, temporary local road closures and restrictions
- 4Viaduct restoration works to disrupt local rail services
- 5LA rockers join forces with Rochdale bikers to help local children