Littleborough is in the pink for fifth year
Date published: 09 October 2020
Little‘Pink’Borough has returned once again, painting the town pink with shades of rose, fuchsia and candyfloss-coloured bunting and decorations – all for a good cause.
As part of Cancer Awareness Month, shops and businesses across Littleborough dress their window displays in fetching shades of pink with a trophy available for the best window.
This year, eco-friendly community group Reuse Littleborough is raffling off a trolley-load of pink goodies for the cause – worth £150 – including pink gin, rosé wine and pink champagne.
The event was started in 2016 by The Three Amigos Fundraising Group – Andy and Kath O’Donnell, plus their late Yorkshire Terrier, Oscar – for their 10th anniversary in October 2016 to raise funds for Cancer Research UK. It is sponsored by Littleborough & District Lions volunteer group.
Previous best window displays have been won by Althams Travel and the Pretty Parade boutique, Reuse Littleborough, Beauty Boutique and Little Gift Box.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Greater Manchester to move into Tier 3 restrictions
- 2Council leader's concerns for vulnerable as Rochdale’s infection rate rises to highest in region
- 3GM Conservatives split as party moves to heap blame on Andy Burnham for failure of Tier 3 talks
- 4Investigation launched after gunshots fired in Heywood
- 5Viaduct restoration works to disrupt local rail services