Rail disruptions continue after Bradford fire
Date published: 17 November 2020
The fire in Bradford which has impacted local rail services
Disruption to Northern's rail services is expected to continue throughout today (Tuesday 17 November), following a large fire near to the railway in Bradford.
The fire, which was first reported in the early hours of yesterday morning (Monday) continues to cause significant disruption to journeys between West Yorkshire and Greater Manchester.
Until further notice, services between Leeds and Manchester Victoria are likely to be cancelled or diverted and, at present, services are unable to call at Bradford Interchange.
Rail replacement buses will operate between Leeds, Halifax and Bradford Interchange and further services along the Calder Valley may also be subject to disruption and amendments.
Northern’s customers are advised to check carefully before travel and to allow additional time for journeys.
Up-to-date information can be found via the National Rail Enquiries website.
Details of the impact to Northern’s services:
- Leeds to Manchester Victoria – Services at 12 minutes past the hour service departing from Leeds will be cancelled. Services at 42 minutes past the hour departing from Leeds will be diverted and will not call at Bramley, New Pudsey, Bradford Interchange or Low Moor.
- Manchester Victoria to Leeds – Services at 54 minutes past and 58 minutes past the hour from Manchester Victoria will be cancelled. Services at 17 minutes past and 19 minutes past the hour will be diverted and will not call at Low Moor, Bradford Interchange, New Pudsey or Bramley.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Vulnerable care home residents’ safety was put at risk by lax security measures, health watchdog...
- 2Greater Manchester should move out of Tier 3 ‘as one’ – but leaders suggest boroughs could be split...
- 3Schoolchildren put Rochdale’s players and staff on the spot
- 4Modern Nails is first Wheatsheaf business to secure new premises after shopping centre closure
- 5Three local men jailed after two-year-long drug investigation