'Recklessly driven' car crashes into telegraph pole
Date published: 24 November 2020
The vehicle after the crash on Blackstone Edge Road
A 'recklessly driven' car crashed into a telegraph pole on Blackstone Edge Road, Littleborough, on Monday evening (23 November).
The black Seat Ibiza was travelling towards Littleborough shortly after 5.10pm where it crashed near the Rake restaurant.
Police have confirmed no injuries have been reported and no arrests have been made.
The driver is understood to have fled the scene, according to a local eyewitness, who says the car was being driven “recklessly” at well over the 30mph speed limit.
The eyewitness added: “It was incredibly lucky that no-one was seriously injured or killed.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tributes paid to Cameron McGowan
- 2Police arrest Middleton man in early morning raid and seize a car, £1k and £100k worth of designer...
- 3Man who raped a woman on her way to Asda is jailed for nine years
- 4Freemasons launch ‘Tech for Good’ scheme
- 5‘It’s like a carrot being dangled’ – Couple forced to retire due to ill health on how it feels to...