H&T Pawnbrokers donates to Petrus for Christmas
Date published: 09 January 2021
Items ranged from selection boxes and tins to hats, gloves, socks and scarfs, plus a meat pack which will be cooked and given out in Christmas meals
The Rochdale branch of H&T Pawnbrokers has donated goods to Petrus this Christmas.
The team of six collected food from customers and local businesses, including the Health Food Centre, Fulton Foods, Rochdale Discount Store, Pound Zone Discount Store, Mobile Magic and Chrimes Butchers.
Staff donations also helped make up the donations to help Petrus, which provides supported housing and services to homeless people across Rochdale and Oldham.
Items ranged from selection boxes and tins to hats, gloves, socks and scarfs, plus a meat pack which will be cooked and given out in Christmas meals.
Zoe Parry, regional manager, said: “It has been a difficult year for everyone and our colleagues across the country have worked hard to identify where we can help the most.
“It is heart-warming to see how much our teams care. They have personally dropped off food, toys and festive collections to many locations. We hope this goes some way to making Christmas a little brighter.”
Nationally, H&T Pawnbrokers has collected 4,000 food items, donated to more than 50 food banks and collected £1,500 for The Beatson Cancer Charity in Scotland.
Established in 1897, H&T Pawnbrokers has over 250 stores throughout the UK.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale raised drag queen to feature on upcoming RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- 2‘Mistake’ of allowing festive mixing combined with the new Covid-19 variant will have tragic...
- 3Murder enquiry launched after death of Heywood baby
- 4Fears community relations in Rochdale could be hit if ‘absolutely critical’ liaison post is cut
- 5Former GP avoids jail after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child