Winners of HMR Primary Care Academy Awards
Date published: 31 December 2020
Heywood Health with their award
The winners of this year’s HMR Primary Care Academy Awards have been named following a virtual event on 17 December.
The awards are designed to celebrate and recognise the work of the primary care workforce within Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale.
Accolades were presented across eight different categories, including Covid Heroes, Clinician of the Year and the Most Inspiring Manager.
One member of staff said: “Everybody welcomed the event and we had some lovely comments about it. Most said the awards were needed to boost morale.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
- Winner - Emily Hamilton (Healey Surgery)
- Highly commended - Gina Kennedy (Junction Alkrington Surgery), Shirley Baron (The Hive Health Centre)
Most Inspiring Manager
- Winner - Kelly Vines (Littleborough Group Practice)
- Highly commended - James Hardwick (Junction Alkrington Surgery)
Clinician of the Year
- Winner – Dr Joan Martin (Junction Alkrington Surgery)
- Highly commended – Dr Robert Hadman (Birtle View Medical Practice)
- Winner – Gail Whitemoss (Rochdale Health Alliance)
- Highly commended – Admin and reception team (Dawes Family Practice)
- Winner – Collette (The Hive Health Centre)
- Highly commended – Iqbal Alam (Healey Surgery)
- Winner – Lidia Cooper (Littleborough Group Practice)
- Highly commended – Jenna Johnstone (Peterloo Medical Centre)
- Winner – Jenna Johnstone (Peterloo Medical Centre)
- Winner – Full team (Heywood Health)
- Highly commended – Reception team (Junction Alkrington Surgery), full team (Longford Street Medical Centre), full team (Peterloo Medical Centre), primary care nurses (Rochdale Health Alliance)
The Primary Care Academy was launched in September 2018 to focus on training, education, workforce development and research across the entire primary care workforce in HMR.
It collaborates with NHS Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale Clinical Commissioning Group, Higher Education institutes and other identified stakeholders in supporting service redesign, education and training of the workforce across primary care.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 2Town centre sites to be transformed as Rochdale looks forward to reopening
- 3Smithy Bridge man to run 48 miles in 48 hours in memory of late younger brother
- 4CCTV footage released after man, 65, threated with gun and hit with hammer in Middleton burglary
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers