Firefighters cut patient from car after collision on Bury New Road
Date published: 07 January 2021
Photo: J Media Group Fire Ground Photography
The collision on Bury New Road, Heywood
Firefighters cut a patient out of a car after a collision in the Summit area of Heywood on Wednesday evening (6 January).
Two patients – one with a back injury and one requiring further assessment – were taken to hospital following the two car collision on Bury New Road.
The North West Ambulance Service and Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service attended the incident, with fire crews remaining on scene for around one hour and 10 minutes.
A spokesperson for GMFRS said: “One casualty was rescued from a vehicle by firefighters using specialist cutting equipment and transferred to the care of colleagues from North West Ambulance Service.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Rochdale raised drag queen to feature on upcoming RuPaul’s Drag Race UK
- 2‘Mistake’ of allowing festive mixing combined with the new Covid-19 variant will have tragic...
- 3Murder enquiry launched after death of Heywood baby
- 4Fears community relations in Rochdale could be hit if ‘absolutely critical’ liaison post is cut
- 5Former GP avoids jail after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child