Deadline looming to secure primary school places
Date published: 13 January 2021
Children born between September 1 2016 and August 31 2017 are due to start school in September 2021
Parents and carers of children across the borough who are due to start primary school in September 2021 only have a few days left to apply for their child’s school place as applications close on Friday 15 January 2021.
Children born between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017 are due to start school in September 2021.
Councillor Kieran Heakin, cabinet member for children’s services at Rochdale Council said: “I want to remind all parents and carers how important it is to apply by the deadline, applying late makes getting the school of your choice so much harder. I also really encourage people to use all four preferences; putting only one preference will not guarantee a place at that school.”
You can use your smartphone, PC or tablet to make an online application 24 hours a day. Changes can be made to applications until the deadline and you can also track progress, meaning you don’t have to wait for the letter to drop through the door, you will receive instant updates and notifications.
Applicants should be aware that:
- You need to take time to consider four preferences that you would be happy for your child to attend, applications are not dealt with on a first come first served basis so you have time to fully consider four different schools.
- You should use all four preferences as places are allocated based on demand and the number of places available
- You will not increase your chance of obtaining a place at any school by selecting only one preference, or the same school four times.
- If you only state one preference for your child and a place cannot be offered, the council will allocate a place for your child at the next nearest school with spaces available
Preferences are less likely to be met if applications are received after the closing date so please get them in before 15 January 2021.
The online system is easy to use, but you can call 0300 303 0340 with any questions that you may have.
Apply for your child’s primary school place through the council’s secure online application system:
Parents and carers will receive an offer in response to their primary school application on Friday 16 April 2021.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tributes paid to Cameron McGowan
- 2Police arrest Middleton man in early morning raid and seize a car, £1k and £100k worth of designer...
- 3Man who raped a woman on her way to Asda is jailed for nine years
- 4Freemasons launch ‘Tech for Good’ scheme
- 5‘It’s like a carrot being dangled’ – Couple forced to retire due to ill health on how it feels to...