Former GP avoids jail after attempting to engage in sexual communication with a child
Date published: 14 January 2021
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court
A former GP from Rochdale has avoided jail after being charged with an attempt to engage in sexual communication with a child.
Umar Tahir, 38, was sentenced to eight months’ imprisonment suspended for two years after appearing at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on 8 January.
He had already pleaded guilty to the charges at a lower court, with the offence taking place during May 2020.
Tahir was also made subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order for 10 years, ordered to carry out 200 hours of unpaid work, 30 day rehabilitation activity requirement,10 year sex offender registration and placed on the barring list.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 12 months in prison for leaking private photographs
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton