Townhead Post Office to relocate
Date published: 16 January 2021
The current premises of Townhead Post Office at 120 Yorkshire Street
Townhead Post Office on Yorkshire Street is moving to larger premises in Rochdale town centre.
The move to 142 Yorkshire Street sees the branch moving just 60 metres further up Yorkshire Street from its current site.
The new premises, which are currently empty, will undergo a refurbishment to incorporate Townhead Post Office and retail, selling cards and stationery.
It will operate as a local style branch with Post Office services provided from two Post Office serving points alongside the retail counter.
The new premises will have a wide door and a step at the entrance, however a bell and signage would be installed at the entrance to the new premises and a portable ramp available on request.
Internally, there will be a hearing loop and space for a wheelchair.
Sarah Cottrell, Post Office Network Manager, said: “We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.”
Opening hours will be Monday to Friday (9am – 5.30pm) and Saturday (9am – 12.30pm). This will be an additional 21 hours of Post Office service a week as the branch is currently only open on weekdays until 2pm.
The date of the move will be announced in the near future.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 12 months in prison for leaking private photographs
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton