Man dies after falling from shopping centre
Date published: 18 January 2021
Photo: Rochdale Online
Part of Yorkshire Street is closed off
A man has died after falling from the Rochdale Exchange Shopping Centre (Monday 18 January).
A section of Yorkshire Street was cordoned off whilst emergency services were in attendance.
Police have confirmed the man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
The North West Ambulance Service sent an ambulance, rapid response vehicle, advanced paramedic and an air ambulance, but did not take anyone to hospital.
A spokesperson for greater Manchester Police said: “At around 9.10am, we attended an incident where a man had fallen from Exchange Square on Yorkshire Street, Rochdale.
“The man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“Initial enquiries are ongoing.”
Help and support
When life is difficult, Samaritans are here – day or night, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123, email them at email@example.com, or visit www.samaritans.org to find your nearest branch.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 12 months in prison for leaking private photographs
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton