Rochdale man avoids jail for sexual assault
Date published: 16 February 2021
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court
A Rochdale man has avoided jail after being charged with sexual assault.
Tariq Mohammed, 41, appeared at Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court on Thursday (11 February) where he was sentenced to 20 months’ imprisonment, suspended for two years.
He was also ordered to 200 hours unpaid work, 30 days’ rehabilitation activity requirement, pay a victim surcharge and a 12 month restraining order.
Mohammed must also sign the sex offender register for 10 years and has also been made subject of a 10 year sexual harm prevention order.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Yankee Heaven reopens in Littleborough
- 2Rail community groups' "disappointment" as trains at Castleton and Smithy Bridge set to drop to one...
- 3Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 4Rochdale eyes new era as ‘centre of manufacturing excellence’ following £23.6m Towns Fund boost
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers