Track circuit failure affects Tuesday night trains
Date published: 18 February 2021
Photo: Nick Statham, LDR
Rochdale Railway Station, showing platform one towards West Yorkshire
Rail services passing through local stations on Tuesday evening (16 February) were affected by a track circuit failure at Rochdale station.
Trains towards Manchester were not too badly affected, whilst trains from platform one towards West Yorkshire were heavily affected.
One train stood for 117 minutes with further services towards Leeds being cancelled.
A Network Rail spokesperson said: “We’re sorry to passengers making essential journeys through Rochdale who were delayed last night.
“Problems began at 5.30pm with the equipment which shows our signallers exactly where trains are on the network.
“Our engineers worked hard to find and fix the faults overnight and trains were able to run again as normal from Wednesday morning.”
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Yankee Heaven reopens in Littleborough
- 2Rail community groups' "disappointment" as trains at Castleton and Smithy Bridge set to drop to one...
- 3Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 4Rochdale eyes new era as ‘centre of manufacturing excellence’ following £23.6m Towns Fund boost
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers