Police incident closes part of Bolton Road in both directions
Date published: 19 February 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Bolton Road is closed in both directions from the junction with Matthew Moss Lane
Part of Bolton Road is closed in both directions due to a police incident (10.50am, Friday 19 February).
Transport for Greater Manchester has confirmed the road is closed in both directions near the entrance to Springfield Park and Matthew Moss Lane.
An air ambulance is understood to have landed at the scene - believed to be a collision - at 9.45am.
Buses along the route are being diverted - Diamond bus is diverting the 471 via Queen's Park Road, Bury and Rochdale Old Road, Bury Road, Roch Valley Way and Manchester Road. Back to Bolton and Bury is the reverse.
Greater Manchester Police and North West Ambulance Service have been contacted for comment.
A 38-year-old man has been seriously injured after being hit by a bus on Bolton Road, Rochdale.
He has been taken to hospital where he remains in a serious but stable condition.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Yankee Heaven reopens in Littleborough
- 2Rail community groups' "disappointment" as trains at Castleton and Smithy Bridge set to drop to one...
- 3Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 4Rochdale eyes new era as ‘centre of manufacturing excellence’ following £23.6m Towns Fund boost
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers