Further roving FAST Testing sites announced
Date published: 20 February 2021
Further roving sites for FAST testing are coming to community locations across the borough.
They can be attended by anyone locally who is showing no symptoms of Covid-19.
The aim of the testing is to find people in the community who may have the deadly virus but are showing no symptoms. 1 in 3 people with Covid-19 show no symptoms.
The sites will be at:
- Monday 22 February 2021 at Deeplish Community Centre 12noon - 6.00pm
- Tuesday 23 February 2021 at Junction Community Centre 11.00am - 6.00pm
- Wednesday 24 February 2021 at Wardleworth Community Centre 12noon - 6.00pm
- Wednesday 24 February 2021 at Stanycliffe Community Centre 11.00am - 6.00pm
- Thursday 25 February 2021 at Smallbridge Library 11.00am - 6.00pm
- Friday 26 February 2021 at Castlemere Community Centre 12noon - 6.00pm
- Friday 26 February 2021 at Alkrington Community Centre 11.00am - 6.00pm
- Saturday 27 February 2021 Spotland Library 10.00am - 4.00pm
Councillor Daalat Ali, cabinet member for public health at Rochdale Borough Council, said: “We have seen a great response to our first set of roving FAST Testing sites and we hope these new sites and dates will be just as popular. I’m really encouraged to see so many people coming along to play their part in stopping the spread.”
Further sites and dates across the borough will continue to be announced in due course.
FAST Testing remains available at the four main sites in the borough:
- Hare Hill Bowling Club, Littleborough
- Bowlee Sports Centre, Middleton
- Nye Bevan, Rochdale
- Heywood Sports Village (also a drive through facility here)
Those sites are open 8am – 7pm on weekdays and 10am – 4pm at weekends. They are for anyone without symptoms and there is no need to book.
It is still important to get tested even if you’ve had your first vaccine as you may still be able to carry the virus and pass it on to others.
For more information on FAST Testing please visit rochdale.gov.uk/FastTesting
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Yankee Heaven reopens in Littleborough
- 2Rail community groups' "disappointment" as trains at Castleton and Smithy Bridge set to drop to one...
- 3Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 4Rochdale eyes new era as ‘centre of manufacturing excellence’ following £23.6m Towns Fund boost
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers