Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
Date published: 22 February 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Newgate in Rochdale town centre
A man has died after falling from a building on Newgate yesterday (Sunday 21 February).
Newgate was cordoned off whilst emergency services were in attendance.
Police have confirmed the man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: “Officers were called around 3.55pm on Sunday 21 February to a report that a man had fallen from a building on Newgate, Rochdale.
"Emergency services attended and the man was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
“Enquiries are ongoing. There are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.”
No further information has been released by police.
Help and support
When life is difficult, Samaritans are here – day or night, 365 days a year. You can call them for free on 116 123, email them at email@example.com, or visit www.samaritans.org to find your nearest branch.
A powerful talking group for men is also available in Rochdale, providing men with a safe space to openly discuss their worries and mental health concerns. Andys Man Club is a registered charity in England and Wales and runs every Monday (except bank holidays) from 7pm - 9pm at Mayfield Sports Centre, Keswick Street, Castleton, OL11 3AG.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Lift engineer dies in "tragic accident" at Royal Oldham Hospital
- 2Man dies after falling from a building on Newgate
- 3Rochdale man sentenced to 12 months in prison for leaking private photographs
- 4Plans for a university in Rochdale to stop ‘brain drain' from the borough set to take vital step...
- 5Man threatened with a firearm and assaulted with a hammer during burglary in Middleton