Cat owners distraught as car containing pets’ ashes stolen on the way home from crematorium
Date published: 31 March 2021
Naomi Rhys Thomas with another of her cats
Two cat owners from Littleborough have been left distraught after picking up their beloved cats’ ashes – only to have their Range Rover stolen on the way home.
Toby Rhys Thomas had just collected the cats’ ashes from the crematorium when he popped into the Range at Kingsway on Wednesday afternoon (31 March).
Unfortunately, in those few minutes he was away from the vehicle – thieves smashed the window and stole the 12-plate Range Rover Evoque, which still contained the cats’ ashes in the footwell.
The ashes are in tubes in a purple bag from Legacy Pets.
Whilst the car is insured, Toby and Naomi just want the ashes of their beloved cats, Eira and Archie, returned and are offering a cash reward of £200 for their return.
Since being taken, the Range Rover has been spotted driving erratically down Belfield Road towards Rochdale town centre with a smashed driver’s window.
If you have found any item resembling the ashes, please contact Rochdale Online and we will put you in contact with Naomi: email@example.com
The incident has been reported to the police.
Greater Manchester Police has been contacted for comment.
If you have any information regarding the theft, please call police on 101.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 3Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 4Whitworth man and woman charged after Wallbank stabbing
- 5Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue