Police appeal for witnesses to bank robbery in Middleton
Date published: 01 April 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Barclays Bank, Middleton
Police are appealing for witnesses to a robbery at Barclays Bank in Middleton this morning (1 April).
Police were called at 11.15am to the bank on Long Street to reports a man was armed and making threats.
The man stole a quantity of cash from the bank before making off on foot. Enquiries are ongoing.
Detective Inspector Matthew Hamer said: "A man entered the bank with a note and making threats, and demanding money - he then made off with a quantity of cash.
"He is described as a white male, wearing dark grey cargo pants, black body warmer, long-sleeved black top, black woolly hat, blue surgical mask and an orange high-visibility jacket."
Anyone with information should contact Rochdale CID on 0161 856 4668, the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or make a report via the GMP website, quoting 1091-01042021
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 3Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 4Whitworth man and woman charged after Wallbank stabbing
- 5Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue