Whitworth man and woman charged after Wallbank stabbing
Date published: 07 April 2021
Photo: Google, Digital Globe
Blackburn Magistrates' Court
A man and woman from Whitworth have been charged following a stabbing on Wallbank on Easter Monday (5 April).
Jamie Fairclough, 33, has been charged with charged with harassment, possessing an offensive weapon in a public place, section 18 - wounding with intent and possessing a knife blade / sharp pointed article in a public place.
Additionally, Bethany Turner, 23, also of Whitworth, has been charged with criminal damage and section 18 - wounding with intent.
Police were called to Thorburn Drive at 4.25pm on Monday 5 April to a report of a man with a suspected firearm. A further report was then received of a fight between two men.
During the altercation, one man received minor stab and head injuries and was taken to hospital for treatment.
During the same incident, it was reported paint had been poured on the front of a property.
Fairclough and Turner are both due to appear at Blackburn Magistrates’ Court today (7 April).
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Vistry Partnerships selected to build 171 houses on former Akzo Nobel site in Littleborough
- 2Singer-songwriter from Kirkholt releases new single ahead of upcoming second album
- 3Dates confirmed for Flying Scotsman return to East Lancashire Railway this year
- 4Former Chief Prosecutor Nazir Afzal’s critically acclaimed autobiography optioned for TV
- 5Temporary classrooms to be built on Middleton's greenbelt "due to significant and immediate need"...