Virtual ‘soccer schools’ to be delivered over Easter hols
Date published: 08 April 2021
Emma Flynn with some of the activity packs
Virtual ‘soccer schools’ will be delivered to over 2,000 children in the borough over the Easter school holidays.
Rochdale AFC Community Trust has partnered with Link4Life, Rochdale Borough Council and Icon Sports to deliver the ‘soccer schools’.
As part of the Holiday Activity Fund/Fit and Fed programme, the partners have come together to make up 2,000 holiday packs which contain footballs, frisbees, skipping ropes, bean bags and water bottles as well as an activity booklet.
Drawing on favourite sessions from the Premier League Primary Stars and Premier League Kicks programmes, the activities are designed to spark the imagination of kids of all ages in the quest to keep them active in the school holidays.
The packs have been distributed to children’s centres and schools within the borough to be distributed to children across Rochdale.
As well as the packs and activity booklets, Rochdale AFC Community Trust Sports Coordinator Graham Hicks and Desmond the Dragon have teamed up (with the help of the Rochdale AFC Media Team) to produce a series of short videos with fun games and ideas for children of all ages to enjoy.
You can view the videos here.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Planning approved for new hotel and apartment blocks in Rochdale town centre
- 2Go North West negotiations collapse without agreement as Manchester bus strikes set to continue
- 3Police chase suspected drug dealer over two miles of moorland after car pursuit through...
- 4Rochdale woman banned from driving for two years after string of driving offences
- 5BBC Drag Race UK star from Rochdale releases debut single