Rochdale mum creates Activity Pack boxes after witnessing ‘demands of home working’ on children during lockdown
Date published: 09 May 2021
One of the Activity Pack's sent out for Easter
Brimming with enough activities to engage children for ‘a good couple of hours’, Kids Activity Packs have been launched by Rochdale business Crafty Crew.
Created by Helen Yates, who previously ran Artisan Alley offering hand crocheted items from umbilical cord ties to clothing and accessories, the packs have been designed to not only help children to achieve their full potential, but to also help parents when they are stuck for ideas.
Aimed at children aged three to seven years old, Helen describes how the activity packs first came to mind during lockdown, when she witnessed the ‘demands of home working and home schooling really taking its toll on both the parent and child.’
She said: “I am a crafty mum to three kids and trying to keep them happy, occupied and engaged throughout lockdown was super hard, especially with the youngest. I also saw that other mums close to me were struggling too.
“The idea of the Activity Packs came to mind and the first Crafty Crew subscription box was launched in February 2021.”
Each month's Crafty Crew Activity Pack is based around a different theme; designed to not only entertain a child, but to also give the parents a bit of breathing space.
Included in each month’s box are:
- At least one craft project with simple instructions
- Crafty decorations and embellishments
- Colouring books or sheets
- Colouring pencils or pens, crayons, paints and brushes
- Competitions with chances for your child to win prizes
- Ideas/instructions for activities and craft projects to try at home
- A selection of moulding clay, craft glue, toys, storybooks, recipes, stickers, and puzzles, etc.
“The packs are brimming with enough activities and ideas to engage the child for a good couple of hours,” added Helen, “either after school or at the weekend, allowing parents the chance of a hot brew in the meantime!”
As a special offer for Rochdale Online readers, you can try your first Crafty Crew box for only £10 if you sign up by Monday 31 May - use code ROCHDALE10 at checkout. The next box goes out on 8 June and is themed ‘Rainbows’.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1‘We have lost an awful lot of parking space’: Businesses owners’ concerns over closure of town hall...
- 2Robber pushes pram over into road before ripping necklace from mum’s neck in broad daylight
- 3Russell’s Café moves to Yorkshire Street
- 4Huge emergency services response at River Roch in search for missing man, later found safe
- 5RSPCA on the move as Hollingworth Lake permission granted