Don’t be a litterbug: Whitworth in Bloom launches anti-litter poster contest with cash prizes
Date published: 02 June 2021
The volunteer-led organisation is running a competition for local children to design an ‘anti-litter’ poster to display in their window at home
Cash prizes are up for grabs with the Whitworth in Bloom anti-litter poster competition.
The volunteer-led organisation is running a competition for local children to design an ‘anti-litter’ poster to display in their window at home.
First prize in both age categories (up to 10 years old and 11-16 years) is £10, with a second place prize of £5 in both age groups.
To enter, create a colourful poster with an anti-litter theme, display it in your window for all to see, email a photo of the poster plus your name, age and address to the Whitworth in Bloom committee.
Competition entries must be received by Saturday 12 June.
Whitworth in Bloom aims to improve civic pride through imaginative planting, encouraging recycling and sustainability projects, and eliminate eyesores that blight the streets such as litter, graffiti and vandalism.
The idea was to combine the groups that are already working hard to improve the town and work on one project together.
The group is currently planning the route to take the judges on for the 2021 competition.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Obituary: Lee Scott Doran
- 2Queen's birthday honours for local councillor, nurse consultant and school governor
- 3Care home failed to call for medical help after elderly mum suffered fall weeks after breaking hip
- 4‘Every woman in public life has experienced this’: Councillor speaks out on ‘gender-specific...
- 5Two solar-powered bins installed in Milkstone and Deeplish